Magno Urbano is a graduated Electrical Engineer.
He has 25+ years of experience working with computer graphics, visual design, video and audio editing, 12 years developing apps for iOS and macOS, 10 years developing for iPad and 5 years developing for Apple TV.
He was the first Portuguese to have an app published on the App Store, just 40 days after Apple opened the App Store to third party programmers.
Magno is the author of …
- 120+ apps published on the App Store since 2008. Apps for iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV, some of which hit #1 in the US (Photo and Video Category) and hold the Top 50 and Top 100 for months worldwide.
- a Book about Xcode published by Apress Books in the US: Troubleshooting Xcode.
- a Book about Electrical Engineering published by Wiley & Sons: Introductory Electrical Engineering With Math Explained in Accessible Language.
- 14 Books published in Portugal (counting the editions), like these ones about Photoshop and Google: Fotografia Digital – Técnicas com Photoshop (3rd Edition) and Google – Guia de Consulta Rápida (3rd Edition).
- 8 courses published at Udemy about Photoshop, Audacity and others.
- several independent books at Apple Books, Amazon Kindle Store and Google Play.
- several audio books published at Audible.
- 50+ articles for some of the most relevant photography and IT magazines in Europe: Super Foto Prática and PC Guia, including the creation of multimedia sample video courses.
- 55+ courses about several themes like Photoshop, Maya, Windows, Illustrator, Audacity and Audition, published on CD/DVD and distributed in Europe.
- katkay.com and other sites like efeitosvisuais.com.
Magno experience includes:
- 6 years of experience working as a Visual Effects Specialist, working for the Visual Effects Department, under the Post-Production Center of Globo TV Network in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 2 years of experience working as a Multimedia Editor in the Multimedia and Post-Production Center of RTP (Radio and Television of Portugal), Lisbon, Portugal.
- 12 years of experience creating apps for Apple devices using Objective-C.
- 3-4 years of experience creating apps for Apple devices using Swift.
- a large experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects, Maya, audio editing with Adobe Audition and Audacity and painting software like Procreate on the iPad. So, I can manage all aspects of iOS, iPadOS, macOS and tvOS development, from UX design to code creation, video/audio/image creation and app delivery/publishing on the AppStoreConnection (former iTunesConnect).
- a large experience with web hosting, using CPanel, WHM, WordPress on CentOS Linux Systems.
- a vast experience with domain registration, registars, DNS servers, etc.
What kind of things can I do for you?
- Development of iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV Apps.
- Consulting for your iPhone, iPad, Mac and Apple TV on Swift or Objective-C development.
- Creation of technical documents, manuals, etc.
- Creation/formatting of books for iBook Store, ePUB for Amazon Kindle or Google Play stores.
- Creation/formatting of video courses or multimedia material.
- Audio editing or voice over in Portuguese Brazil or English.
- 2D or 3D animation/modeling with Maya or Adobe Premiere/After Effects
- Creation of logos.
Have something to ask? Want a free quote for a job? Contact me by clicking here.